Dakka is compiling a good thread on all of the questions that are being asked on the interwebs. Here or some of my favorites. I also go on record on how I think they should be ruled and how I think GW will rule.
I’ll keep updating this thread for a few days with my thoughts. As someone reminded me, we should have an FAQ within 9 days. Everyone knows Tzeentch’s number is best and since Phil and I share the same first initial and last name we must have some connection. So, on the 9th day (which will be this coming Sunday) give or take a day we’ll have a C:CD FAQ. Anyone want to wager on the over/under?
So, without further adieu here are some questions and two answers; the right answer/GW’s answer. In the case where I feel the answer will be different I’ll be happy to eat my hat if GW does the right thing; however, I’m guessing they have an intern answering questions at the direction of the marketing department and/or the senior VP of sales (ala Helldrake farting out its butt).
Army Special Rules
- Can Feel No Pain be used against wounds caused by Daemonic Instability? yes/yes
- Is a Chaos Space Marine unit with the Daemon special rule and the suitable Mark of one of the 4 gods considered “Daemons of the same alignment” for the purpose of attaching Chaos Daemon Independent Characters? e.g, could a Herald of Slaanesh join a unit of Warp Talons with the Mark of Slaanesh? yes/no
- If ‘Punished by the Gods’ manages to kill a character that is riding on a Burning Chariot of Tzeentch or Seeker/Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh is the Chariot also removed? If not, can another Herald (with the appropriate dedication) now embark onto the rider-less chariot? no and yes/no and yes
- Do you decide which type of unit is arriving via ‘Summoned From the Warp’ before or after rolling to see how many models are in the unit? yes/yes
- Can any of the Warp Storm results that inflict hits (Rot, Glorious Rot, etc) cause damage to a zooming flyer? no/no because flyers are expensive and GW needs to sell more
- If a model that has a Mutating Warpblade kills an enemy Character or Monstrous Creature with a ranged attack, does the ‘Warp Mutation’ rule still apply? Or is it only from combat attacks made using the Warpblade (like the Staff of Change)? only combat/only combat
- For weapons that trigger an ability when the bearer kills a specific model (such as a Staff of Change or Mutating Warpblade), how do you determine who actually killed the enemy model if several different models are all striking at the same Initiative step when the enemy model is killed? this is a stupid mechanic of wound pool/roll separate wound pools
- If Necron Mindshackle Scarabs force a character a model with a Mutating Warpblade or Staff of Change to kill himself does the Warp Mutation/Warpdoom special rule trigger as normal? yes/yes
- If a weapon inflicts Instant Death on a ‘to wound’ roll of 6 (like the Axe of Khorne, for example), does the attacking model still need to have the possibility of wounding the target in order to benefit from this ability? For example, say a S4 model is attacking a T8 opponent, does he still inflict Instant Death on rolls of ‘6’? yes/yes
- What happens if the Doomstone lowers St. Celestine’s Ld down to ‘0’? If she resurrects does she immediately die again because she still has a Ld of ‘0’, or does she ignore the effects of the Doomstone when she returns? dead/dead – this will never get FAQ’d
- Can an Icon of Chaos be used to reduce (or eliminate) scatter on the same turn the unit arrives from reserve? In other words, if unit A Deep Strikes onto the table and in the same turn unit B Deep Strikes within 6″ of unit A (and meets all the necessary criteria) does unit B benefit from unit A’s Icon to reduce or eliminate their scatter? yes/no I’ll be happy to eat my hat if I’m wrong about GW’s ruling on this one
- Do you roll to see if a Portalglyph creates a new unit at the end of the same Movement phase that it is placed? yes/yes More importantly, will GW sell a limited edition portal glyph like the DE webway portal?
- Does the Blade of Blood still grant the bearer ‘Rampage’ even if a different weapon is used to attack in that round of combat? no/no
- Is the Feel No Pain +1 bonus provided by Warpflame cumulative throughout the course of a game? For example, can a unit that starts the game with Feel No Pain (5+) have it improved up to (3+) after passing its Toughness test against Warpflame wounds in two separate shooting phases? If so, can a unit have its Feel No Pain improved to a (1+) and does this mean it automatically passes its Feel No Pain rolls? yes and max FNP 2+/yes and max FNP 2+ however, if this ever happens you need to give back your daemon card and get a new army.
- Does the +1 Strength bonus from the Exalted Locus of Conjuration apply to ancillary hits caused by their psychic powers, such as the bonus Soul Blaze hits or hits caused by a vehicle they manage to explode? no, but it does apply to hits from the blasted standard/what I said
- Are the Masque and the Blue Scribes really not supposed to be considered Heralds (for the purpose of taking up to 4 Heralds as a single HQ choice)? not Heralds/not Heralds (I had to think about this one because making them Heralds will sell more models, but since the Masque is old and the Blue Scribes already sold a ton, the best answer – from a sales perspective that screws players by forcing you to buy cool new models – not Heralds.
- Does Fateweaver’s Staff of Tomorrow allow him to re-roll a D6 that an opponent originally rolled? yes/no Come on, Fateweaver lost his bubble and needs to be the coolest model in the game so of course it should work, but it won’t.
- When the Masque performs the Dance of Caging, should you roll a single D3 and apply that to all moves the target unit tries to make, or roll a separate D3 each time the unit tries to move? separate D3 for each phase/separate
- Should the Masque’s Dance of Caging movement limitation apply to a Bike/Jetbike unit’s Turbo-boost movement and/or the Thrust Move for a Jet Pak unit? yes/no answering yes would admit that the rule was poorly written; however, they will FAQ in that the Masque (if played with a counts as Herald of Slaanesh model) gets to use an AP3 torrent weapon instead.
- Is the -1 Ld penalty for a Fiend’s ‘Disruptive Song’ cumulative? If so, is this calculated per Fiend model or per unit? For example, if a psyker is within 12″ of 4 Fiend models (all part of the same unit) would he have a -4 Ld penalty? Or if the psyker was within 12″ of two Fiend units, would he have a -2 Ld penalty (regardless of how many Fiend models from each unit were within 12″)? yes, cumulative per unit/no only -1 regardless But seriously, for how expensive a Fiend model is, it should be per model. Further more, once GW realizes that changing the answer to yes, for each model, will increase sales we will never see plastic Fiends.
- Does a Screamer’s Lamprey Bite replace all bonus attacks the model has as (such as the +1 attack for charging, for example), or just its base attacks? They should get the +1 bonus from charging/GW will say no
- Are cover saves allowed from a Screamer’s Slashing Attack and if so, is the determination of whether or not a model is in cover calculated from the final position of the Screamers similar to a shooting attack? no, wasn’t this already covered in the daemon FAQ?/no
- Does the Burning Chariot of Tzeentch really need to remain stationary to fire the Blue or Pink Fire of Tzeentch as non-snap shots (as they are a Heavy weapon and the Exalted Flamer is an embarked Infantry model)? no/no What a bone head maneouver. Need to sell models, fix quickly. This will be the answer that gets the FAQ out the door in 9 days. I’d imagine the answer will be treat as if the weapon is mounted on the vehicle but use the Ex. Flamer’s BS.
- (basic rulebook question) What happens in close combat if a model has an Initiative of 0 (as can happen due to a Fiend’s ‘Soporific Musk’, for example)? Do they not make an Initiative Step Pile-in and not attack? They do nothing/your head implodes from the recursive rules conundrum. Seriously though, who cares, Fiends are so 5th edition 😉