|Flamer’s of Tzeentch – painted by me|
Late last year I said Flamers were not OP here. The world, and Phil Kelly disagreed.
- I have not yet found a compelling reason to spend waste 5 points on a Pyrocaster upgrade. While it is unlikely that you get charged, I’ve taken to deepstriking them with a disk of Tzeentch (Blue Scribes or Herald) as I can get a much larger frontage and generally hit a target with 5 -6 templates off the deepstrike this way vs 3-4 in a normal small cluster. The pyrocaster protects your HQ from instant gib.
- I won’t go into the warpfire/breath garbage that is now going around to allow you to hit people outside your range. Note: GW please read your FAQs before you post them and stop letting the interns write them.
- I don’t think they are over powered costed now.
- Wounds MEQ 1/3 of their previous (S4 AP4 – wounds on 4, MEQ save on 3+)
- Invuln save is 8.5% better (re-roll 1s)
- Loss of Eternal Warrior will cost them dearly
I can only surmise that the WD Codex update was a ploy to sell models (of course it was) but broke an important compact with customers. You can’t sell a shiney object and then smash it 6 months later. It’s one thing to nerf a model or two after a 5 year codex cycle and entirely something else when done in 6 months.